Environmental Management Consultancy
Environmental Management (ISO 14001) Consultancy
An ISO 14001 environmental management system (EMS) is a structured system designed to help organisations manage their environmental impacts and improve environmental performance caused by their products, services and activities. An environmental management system provides structure to environmental management and covers areas such as training, record management, inspections, objectives and policies.
Implementation of an ISO 14001 environmental management system (EMS) requires the following steps to be completed by an organisation:
- Development of an environmental policy that reflects its commitments;
- Appointment of a person(s) responsible for its coordination;
- Identification of how the organisation interacts with the environment;
- Identification of actual and potential environmental impacts;
- Identification of relevant legal and other requirements;
- Establishment of environmental objectives, targets and programs;
- Monitoring and measurement of the progress to achieve its objectives;
- Reviewing the system and environmental performance; and
- Continuous improvement of the organisation’s environmental performance.