Occupational Health and Safety Consultancy
Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001) Consultancy
BS OHSAS 18001 is an Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series for health and safety management systems. BS OHSAS 18000 is the globally recognized standard for occupational health and safety management. It is intended to help an organization to control occupational health and safety risks and provide appropriate recommended actions. It was developed in response to widespread demand for a recognized standard against which to be certified and assessed. It comprises two parts, 18001 and 18002 and embraces a number of other publications.
The advantages of an effective OHSAS management system:
- Provides a structured approach for managing Occupational Health & Safety;
- Establishes and maintains a commitment to occupational health and safety;
- Demonstrates strong commitment to safety excellence;
- Organizational structures in place with clear roles and responsibilities;
- Existence of a continuous improvement culture;
- Strong levels of trust and communication;
- Reduction in incident levels with increased measures of performance;
- Seek certification/registration of its Occupational Health & Safety management system by an external organization; and
- Contributes to business performance by reducing cost and liabilities.